Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The First Week as a Family of 3

We've made it a week!  We have been busy, busy!

Mari had her one week check up yesterday.  Our doctor said she is "perfect."  We couldn't agree more. :)  She's already passed her birth weight and has grown an inch and a half.  I am not surprised.  This girl can EAT.  That has been our biggest challenge this past week.  We've had no problems with latching like many woman do, or nipple confusion.  Instead, we've had problems getting this girl to UNLATCH.  All she wants to do is eat!  The last few days have been better.  She is starting to spread her feedings out to every 2 to 3 hours.  I've read a lot online about babies going through growth spurts and eating a lot during those times.  Maybe she's just had a growth spurt.  Who knows.

This week, we've had some visitors.  It was nice to show off our beautiful baby girl.  We also had newborn pictures taken.  We were fortunate enough to have Jacalyn Mains from JMM Photography take newborn pictures for us.  Jacalyn also took pictures for our wedding so it is always special to see her.  The pictures turned out wonderful!  I can't wait to share them with you.  The CD is on the way to us now so we will have them soon.  We have taken a couple outings with the baby and it's quite different than it used to be!  Still have to get used to having a crying baby in the middle of Target...

Bobby is home for one more week before he goes back to work.  I am going to miss him so much!  I think that it will be quite the adjustment staying home by myself with Mari and not having the extra pair of hands.  I know Mari is going to miss her daddy's snuggles.

Here are some pictures from Mari's first week.  Enjoy!

P.S.  Please pass this website on to friends and family.  I am not very good at sending pictures and updates through the mail, and I know it'll only get worse when I go back to work!  So please pass this on!

Ready to go home

Leaving the hospital

Meeting Lillia

Daddy and Mari getting some sunshine

Meeting Cousin Naomi

Naomi and Mari

Baba and Mari

Isako and Mari

Hana and Mari

Gigi and Mari

Family. :) Daddy, Mari, and Huntley

No comments:

Post a Comment