Having two crazies at home makes it difficult to make it up to Michigan as often as we would like, which makes us cherish our time up there with family even more. Last weekend, we made our summer trip to Michigan to see Bob's side of the family. Before the trip, I loaded up with special snacks, we bought a DVD player for the car, I bought activities for the car. I did everything in my power to make it as painless as possible. The trip up wasn't too bad. We made frequent stops but it definitely could have been worse. The trip home... was pretty bad. We made many, many, stops. It took us 7 unpleasant hours (lots of crying) to make the 4.5 hour trip. Was it worth it? Absolutely. You'll see in the pictures we had a great time, and Mari and James loved spending time with family. Do I want to make another long trip any time soon? Nope. :) It's exhausting!!
While we were there, we got to play at a place called "The Treehouse" (so fun for the kids,) go to a couple parks, go to both sets of grandparents' houses, and Bobby got to take James to a Father's Day Pig Roast at the church. We had a great weekend!
I took LOTS of pictures, so prepare yourself! There were even more than this! I tried to narrow it down some but there were just too many!
No comments:
Post a Comment