Sunday, October 7, 2012

Road Trip

This weekend we took our first road trip with Mari.  We went to Michigan for the weekend to visit Bob's family.  In my head I expected the worst... that she would scream the whole ride there and we'd have to make multiple stops just to stay sane.  I figured if I expected the worst anything less than that would be a pleasant surprise!

Our trip usually takes 4.5 hours.  The trip there took 6 hours.  However, it was pretty smooth.  We stopped twice.  Once to feed Mari and once to change her.  She was pretty happy the whole way there and slept most of the time.  We felt so bad for her though because on top of the road trip experience, Mari had her first cold.  Poor baby hasn't felt great.

The trip home was nothing short of a miracle!  Mari slept the whole 4.5 hours and woke up with 5 minutes left of the trip.  It couldn't have gone any better.

We enjoyed introducing Mari to Bob's family but are glad to be home!  Mari and I are both sick now... I'll be teaching without a voice tomorrow.  That should be an experience!  Thank goodness it's a 4 day week!

Here are some pictures! :)

Mari, Cousin Tara, Aunt Jennifer, and Uncle Troy

Pops and Mari.  Pretty much every picture we have of Pops with Mari they are sleeping together!

Mari with Grandma and Grandpa Raymond (her Great-Grandparents)

Mari and Grandpa Raymond

Mari with Grandma and Grandpa Alcock (her Great-Grandparents)

No comments:

Post a Comment