Friday, September 28, 2012

Back to School

This was my first week back to work.  Admittedly, I was a little teary eyed on Monday leaving Mari in the morning.  Being with her all day for 6 weeks straight I was sad to leave her.  I would think about how much of her life I was going to miss by working all day 5 days a week.  But then, throughout the day, everyone asked me who she was staying with.  I would tell how Bobby gets to be with her twice a week, she stays with grandma a couple days a week, and my good friend Magen watches her.  Their response was always, "Oh that's great!"  The more I thought about it, it really IS great.  Mari is such a blessed little girl.  She gets to spend time with her daddy who loves her so much (how many children really get to spend so much quality time with their dads??), her grandma who adores her (and grandpa, Baba, Gigi and Uncle Dennis who are at the house), and then Magen and her daughter Lillia (who will one day be her BFF) who love her too.  When I thought about it that way, I couldn't be sad about being away and working a job that I really do enjoy.  God has blessed my family so much and for that I am so grateful.

This week, Bob has worked A LOT.  I mean, A LOT.  So, I have felt like a single mom many times this week.  Not fun.  Especially in the morning when I rush to get us both ready and she pukes all over my bed and screams the whole way to the car.  But we got through it, and his schedule should "normalize" some.  Here's hoping.  I've been so fortunate to have friends to come and visit, and for my parents who have helped tons.  It really does mean the world to an overtired mom when they watch Mari a couple extra minutes so that I can sneak in a shower.  Also, Bob has been sick this week, so overall just a difficult week!  The first week back to work is behind us.  Hopefully we get used to this new "normal" soon.

Mari is now 13 lbs 4 ounces.  She is sleeping great at night and only wakes up once around 2:00.  A couple days ago she even slept through the night!  I'll take it!  Her baby acne is going away, and she's smiling and making happy noises more and more.

Here are some pictures and even a video that Bobby and Magen sent me while I was at work this week.  Magen sent me one of the pictures as I was walking into work one day... it made me smile and the woman next to me said, "That must be a picture of your little girl.  That's a smile of a proud mom."  She was right. :)

 
From Magen: "She likes her bed we made up for her :)"

From Magen: "Two hour nap, six ounces of milk, and a wardrobe change, we have a happy girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment