First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas who may read this! I hope your day was as blessed as mine!
I had a great day. First, we had visitors! Grandma and Grandpa stopped in on their way to Tennessee! As I wrote that, I just turned to Bob and said, "Dang it, we didnt get a picture of Grandma and Grandpa with the kids!" Ugh. Bummer! Bobby made pancakes for breakfast, and we went to church. At church, they set up free family pictures for Mother's Day. I cant wait to get ours! After church, Bob took us out to lunch at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. Then, we went to Color Me Mine. I have been talking about how I wanted some sort of piece with the kids' handprints. So, today I got one! Bob planned for us to arrive as it opened and we beat the crowd! I am so excited to get my serving bowl back! Since it didn't take as long as he expected we had time to grab some froyo before heading home for Mari's nap. After nap, we went to a farm for some spring fun, and then grilled out for dinner. I am serious when I say it was exactly what I would have wanted for Mother's Day...just a day with my family doing family things. Perfect. God has been reminding me recently that the important things in life are not "stuff." It's our relationship with God and others. We had a garage sale yesterday and I got rid of A LOT of "stuff." Truly, it felt REALLY good. Granted, we still have so much more than we would ever need, but I just have a renewed perspective of what life is all about.
Here are a few pictures from my special day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment