Sunday, December 7, 2014

James is 8 months old

James turned 8 months old... over a week ago actually.  But we were in Michigan and it's just too crazy to try and take pictures during the week!  It's going way too fast, that's for sure.  I look at my kids and just can't believe they are the same two kids that I held at the hospital.

At 8 months...
  • James is kind of over purees and really wants to eat bits of food now.  He especially loves meats.
  • Crawls at super speed.
  • Pulls himself up with no problem.
  • Chases his sister and Huntley around, and wants to do anything that Mari is doing.
  • Loves playing with doors and going in and out of our play tent.
  • Is SO smiley and joyful.
  • Is wearing 12 and 18 month clothing.  He's kind of between sizes.
  • Has 5 teeth and I think the 6th will be coming soon.  The teeth have been a challenge, that's for sure.
  • Makes lots of "baby dinosaur" type noises.
  • Can do the "more" sign when he wants more food.  He picked it up in one day!
  • Still doesn't sleep through the night.  He loves his momma and just wants to be nursing every time he wakes up.  It's been a challenge, for sure!
I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not (did I mention we aren't sleeping at night??) but someone told me that the "Days are long, but the years are short."  That couldn't be more true.  We are constantly on the go with two little ones, but they are getting SO big SO fast.  I mean, Mari is a little person who I have conversations with and helps me cook!  What???  And James is into anything and everything (especially Huntley's bowls lately...)

Here are a few pictures for his 8 month mark. I usually edit and crop them a little before uploading them to the blog but I'm having trouble getting the edited ones on here tonight.  So, they look a little rough, but here they are! We brought Mari girl in for a couple as well.  Loves these kids.







No comments:

Post a Comment