Sunday, December 4, 2011

And so it begins...

12/4/2011

The next adventure has started.  A family.  Bobby and I are equally excited and terrified to be pregnant with our first child.  :)

My God is good, and I know He gave us this baby at the best possible time.  Gigi has been in the hospital for over two weeks now, and has gone through two brain surgeries.  I am sitting and writing this from the hospital actually.  Since he's been in the hospital, I've been here almost every day.  Because of his condition, and because he cannot speak English, someone has to be with him at all times.  That leaves my mom, myself, and my aunt taking shifts.  It's been physically and emotionally exhausting.  In the midst of this, God gave us this baby.  I know this was God's gift to us, to give us happiness in a difficult time.  Bobby and I announced to our families that we were expecting right before Gigi's second surgery.  I hoped it would give Gigi some strength to go through the surgery and recover.  I desperately want my baby to meet Gigi. 

Today, I have just starting to feel a little queazy.  The hospital smells are not the most pleasant. :-/   Although I am confident that God is going to bless this pregnancy, we have decided to wait till the 12 week mark to announce to everyone (so I will be saving this blog as "draft" until later...)  However, in our excitement, we have told our family and quite a few of our close friends. :-)

According to an online calculator I am due around August 8th!

No comments:

Post a Comment