The past 13 weeks have been awesome. Gigi is now home and doing wonderfully. He's walking around, and physically strong. His speech is still limited, and he really cannot speak very well, but we are confident he will continue to improve.
On Friday, we finally got to hear the baby's heart beat. At our first appointment we were only 7 weeks along, and still too early. I started to get a little nervous because I was feeling little to no pregnancy symptoms, so a friend of ours who is a nurse in the ER tried to find the heartbeat at 10 weeks. She couldn't find it. I admit, I was upset and worried, despite everyone telling me it was normal and fine. So, finally, at our 13 week appointment, the doctor found the heartbeat right away. She said it was strong and in the 140's-150's. As soon as Bob found that out, his research began. He started calling everyone he knew who has had a baby to find out how fast their baby's heart beat was, and if it was a boy or girl. Unfortunately, our baby's heart beat is right in the middle, so he wasn't able to solve the mystery. Oh well, we will just have to wait. :-)
Now in hindsight, I am thankful the first trimester went so smoothly. I did have some nausea, but after hearing horror stories about women getting sick every single day for weeks, I will take the nausea! Bobby is an wonderful husband to me, taking me an hour away to get smoked wings and chicken and waffles (those have been the craziest cravings thus far), working a little overtime here and there to help pay for the upcoming costs, and just overall taking care of me and the baby. As each day passes, our nervousness subsides and we start to get a little more excited. We know we are blessed. The other day, Bobby even fed and burped a friend's baby to get in a little extra practice. He will undoubtedly make an incredible father.
No comments:
Post a Comment