Thursday, July 5, 2012

One Month to Go!

Wow.  Only one month to go.  I can't even believe it.  I've been terrible about keeping a blog (as I knew I would be) but I am going to try and improve.  It's such a great way to keep family who are far away updated on things going on in our lives.  I promise to try and do better... although it's probably not the greatest idea to make that promise now as life as we know it is about to change drastically!

Since my last post... 

Gigi is doing great.  Physically he is strong.  His speech has still not come back.  He still mumbles and is difficult to understand.  However, we praise God for his health and that he is still with us.  I am especially happy that he will be here to meet our baby.

My pregnancy has really been (knock on wood) a breeze.  I haven't had too many crazy cravings- only one that I can think of that was especially crazy... chicken and waffles.  Never had it before and just couldn't stop thinking about.  After I had it, I was done with it though.  Haven't had the desire since.  I didn't have very much morning sickness, only a little nausea.  My doctor is amazed that I haven't swollen despite the fact it's SO hot outside, and Bobby is amazed I haven't been crazy with my moods despite all his friends warning him I was about to become totally irrational.  The only thing that I really had was a weak immune system.  For about four months I was constantly sick with a head cold, and it turned into bronchitis.  It was miserable.  I coughed so much that I couldn't sleep and my sides ached from all the coughing.  It seemed to last FOREVER, but since then, things have been wonderful!

We found out we are having a baby girl.  Admittedly, we both were shocked and scared.  A girl. There's not denying we were hoping for a boy.  We know girls are so cute and sweet when they are younger... that's not what we were worried about.  We just worried about the middle school and high school age when she wants to wear makeup or push the boundaries with clothing or boys!!  Now, we have accepted and are looking forward to having a little girl.  We decided to name her Mari Hayashida Alcock.  Mari is a combination of Bob and my mothers' names.  Ma from Masami and Ri from Torey.  We've said over and over that if Mari has the best qualities from each of our mothers that she will be such a blessing to so many people.... and will make our lives so much easier! :)  Hayashida is my middle name.  It is my mother's maiden name.  My grandfather (Gigi) did not have any brothers and also had two daughters.  Therefore, his last name ended.  My mom and aunt kept Hayashida for their middle names when they were married, and they both passed it down as middle names for their daughters (Hana and me).  I am honored to keep the tradition going by giving Mari the middle name Hayashida as well.  Gigi was so excited to find out we were having a girl.  He loved having girls.



Our cake from the gender reveal get together... it's pink!



3D/4D Ultrasound at 32 weeks

3D/4D Ultrasound at 32 weeks
 Throughout this pregnancy Bobby and I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends and family. Nearly everything from our baby registries have been purchased for us.  We had a shower in Michigan, at Corrie's house, at Regis and Sara's house, and soon at my parents.  Everyone has been so supportive and excited with us.  I tell Mari all the time that she is one blessed girl because she is so loved already.

Mari's nursery is complete, and now we look to all the other house projects we want to get done.  I guess you could say I am "nesting" but what I think is funny is that Bobby has been nesting even more than I have!  

I'll post some pictures of the pregnancy thus far.  One more month to go.  Scary.  Exciting.  All of the above.  Bobby says he can't wait for her to come out.  I keep saying, "Stay in there as long as you possibly can!!"  

10 weeks
Almost 15 weeks

21 weeks


22 weeks

32 weeks


Maternity Pictures- Almost 35 weeks




Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment