Sunday, December 30, 2012

Holidays

We've had a wonderful Christmas.  First, we celebrated Christmas Eve with the Kerby crew.  Here are some pictures:

Grandma, Grandma, Alisa, Dennis, and the grandbabies

Denny, Tish, and Trey

Gigi and Baba with a giftcard to their favorite Chinese Buffet

Mari knew how to rip presents open!

Opening Presents

One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was from my mom and grandma.  My mom had dolls made for Mari and her cousin Naomi.  She had them made to look like the girls.  Naomi's has long black hair just like Naomi, and Mari has a bald potato head.  Haha!  Baba made the kimonos to fit the dolls.   Such a wonderful gift.

Naomi and her doll

Mari and her doll

Christmas day Bobby had to work.  I spent the day packing for our trip to Michigan.  We left the day after Christmas for Michigan and hit a huge storm.  We tried our very best to go as far as we could but after four hours of driving and only making it halfway there (normally would take us two hours) we decided to stop.  The storm was getting worse and the roads were not pretty.  We stayed in a hotel and took Mari swimming for the first time.








Bobby decided to dunk Mari for the first time.  I've dunked plenty of babies in my swim lesson days but it was never MY baby!  Haha!  Now I know how all the moms felt when I took their kids out for a swim!  However, our little swimmer did awesome and came up without crying or anything.  She loves the water... here she is after getting dunked.



The next day, we finally made it to Michigan.  We had a great time.  Mari had so many people loving on her!  She was passed around from Neenee, to Pops, to Auntie Mica, Auntie Chelsea, Great Grandma Raymond, Great Grandpa Raymond, Aunt Sandy... and I could go on.  She is such a blessed little girl and got so many awesome presents.  Unfortunately, I was a terrible mother, and didn't take a single picture while we were there.  I guess I was too busy having fun as well. :) 

Here's one last picture of Bobby getting ready to take Mari out for a walk around the hotel. :)  Hope you had as wonderful a Christmas as we did!!



No comments:

Post a Comment