Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nom Nom Nom

We've had a big week at the Alcock house.  First, Mari has decided it's NOT so cool to sleep through the night anymore and has been waking up every night at 3:30 to eat.  As you can imagine, I have been SO thrilled about this.  We're still trying to figure this one out.

Mari has been wearing 6 to 9 month clothing now.  Goodness she's big.  She has rolled over but doesn't do it very often.  She hates being on her stomach so she just screams until we get her up.  Quite the diva already.  She's starting to giggle almost daily.  I absolutely love the sound of her giggle.  Of course, Daddy is the best at getting them out of her. 

Side story: Today Bobby watched Mari.  This morning I put Mari in some not-so-cute comfy clothes because I figured they'd just be hanging out at the house.  When I talked to Bobby at lunch he told me he had decided to take Mari out and went to the firehouse in Park Hills to show her off.  All day I was thinking about how everyone was going to see her looking like a rag-a-muffin.  Well, when I got home, Mari was in a cute pink and brown outfit AND EVEN HAD A BOW ON HER HEAD.  I know, right??  Daddy of the year thought to change her clothes and put a bow on her head all on his own!  I neeevvveerrrr would have guessed he would do that.  I was so impressed.

Mari and Scott... the bow didn't make the picture.

Anyway, this week we decided to start solids.  I know, I know, you baby book readers are probably shaking your head because Mari isn't quite 4 months yet, and then others are shocked because you think she should be 6 months.  Trust me, I've heard it all!  Well, we decided to start solids a week before she turned four months.  The way I see it, she was a week late so she's practically four months!  Not to mention the fact she is the size of a 6 month old!!  So, Bobby and I got in the kitchen and made some puree o' sweet potatoes.  Again, I know what some of you are thinking... I should have given her the box of rice mix.  Well, I didn't.  I wanted her to eat real food, so I decided to give her sweet potatoes.  She loved it.  She is still getting the hang of it and it's an absolute mess, but our baby just opens her mouth like a baby bird and keeps it open until we stuff some sweet potatoes in there.  She's a happy girl.

Here are some pictures of Mari eating her first meal of solids.  I am kicking myself though because I wish we would have taped it.  Oh well.
Quite the mess



Full Belly


Sweet Potato mixed with a little slobber



No comments:

Post a Comment