Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Newport Fire Department

Yesterday was a really special day.   Bobby was sworn in to the Newport Fire Department.  If you are interested in seeing the new department he will be working for you can check it out here: http://www.newportky.gov/inner_fire.php?secid=41

I cannot tell you how proud of Bobby I am.  I fully admit I was very teary during the meeting.  Seeing him up there just brought back so many memories of the past 7 years I've known Bobby.  He started as a small town volunteer firefighter working at a factory with hopes of one day being a career firefighter in a big city.  There have been so many bumps in the road, but God has been so good.  Particularly this last couple of years I've really seen God's hand in his career.  Bob was fortunate enough to work for a great department that treated him very well, and gain experience and friendships.  A couple of years ago he decided to really start pursuing his goals and started going on interviews.  He went to so many interviews and there were many times we knew for sure he was going to get the job, and he didn't.  However, each one of those places were not cities as big and as prestigious as Newport.  Looking back, it's amazing to see how God instrumented each one of those "rejections" perfectly into His plan.  It's as if he was trying to tell Bob, "Please be patient... I want to give you your dream." 

He's worked so hard... going to many trainings, going to Paramedic School (something he never thought he'd be able to do), and working many hours.  This is an amazing accomplishment and I just couldn't be more proud of him.  After the meeting, they gave tours of the fire house to family and friends.  I have to tell you: I felt like I was on the set of Backdraft.  Haha!  It's just the classic fire house like you would picture in the movies!  Complete with fire pole! :)  I wanted to take a picture of the bunk room because there were so many beds lined up (everyone who works their gets their own bed, so it's big room with about 36 beds in it!), but I didn't want to be "that" wife taking pictures of stupid stuff like beds!  :) 


Mr. Mayor







 



The Fire Pole

This is the ambulance Bob will be assigned to for a while.


Bob and his buddy, Mike, who also works at Newport.




1 comment:

  1. Yeah Bob! We are proud of you! God did answer all of those prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete