Bob and I have been very fortunate when it comes to childcare. The majority of the week Mari spends with my mom or Bobby. I love that she gets to spend so much time with family if I can't be with her. However, we decided from the beginning that we also wanted to have a third person in the mix. This just helps to give my mom a break, gives her a consistent day off, and also gives us another person if my mom goes out of town or can't do a day and Bobby has to work. Last year, we had my friend Magen do it. I loved that she could be with Magen as well as Magen's daughter Lillia. However, this year, since we moved to Hebron it was no longer an option to go to Magen's house. It actually worked out because Magen had to pick up more hours at work and wasn't going to be able to do Tuesdays anymore anyway.
From talking to friends I found out a teacher from one of my schools was going to be staying home this year to be with her two daughters. In order to make it work financially she also wanted to do childcare for a couple kids. I didn't know Rachel very well (only because I hadn't worked directly with her... she never had any of my ELL students) but after meeting with her family we knew it'd be a great fit. Location wise, she is right by my schools so it's easy to drop and pick Mari up. We also learned that they are a great Christian family which was top priority for us. In fact, they actually attend the church that Bobby and I are starting to go to (we've had to find a new church since the move to Hebron... it's just too far to go to our last church.) Bobby and I have loved having Mari go to Miss Rachel's. I love that Mari gets 1 on 1 attention with my mom and Bobby but I also think it's so important for her to interact with other children. On Tuesdays, she gets to play with her friends. Miss Rachel has two daughters, Isla and Adia, who are just precious and they love Mari. She also watches a 2 year old, Aidan, so Mari gets to interact with three great kids.
Another thing I love about Miss Rachel days is the fact she sends me pictures and texts throughout the day. I absolutely love getting these text messages- it just brightens my day to see Mari so happy and enjoying her day. Here are a bunch of the pictures Rachel has sent me. You can see from the pictures that Mari loves her daughters. I think my favorite pictures are of Mari with Adia on the couch and Isla giving Mari a big ol' hug. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
P.S. If you know Bobby and I well, you will know the picture of Mari putting the crown on her head TERRIFIES us!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment