Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Visit from Neenee

I haven't added much to the blog lately because I think pictures of boxes and unpacking wouldn't be so much fun.  Every few moments we get, that's what we are doing.  Progress is going so slow.  Having a one year old to attend to really does slow things down.  I was really hoping to do all the moving during the summer so I would have more spare time too.  Now, I take care of Mari, go to work, pick up Mari, take care of Mari, and when she goes down for bed I am BEAT.  Bobby of course is a big help when he is home, but still when 7:00 comes around, we are done-zo.  It's really not rare for us to both be asleep by 9.  No exaageration.  We hope to get some paint on the walls in the upcoming weeks, then we can put some stuff on the walls.  I don't really feel like the house is very "homey" yet... I think it will help when we have pictures of loved ones and our precious baby on the walls. 

Mari is just learning so much so fast.  She is now walking everywhere.  She thinks she is so cool.  She gets a devious look on her face and then runs away.  She loves to be chased by mommy, daddy, or Huntley.  Bob and I are just blown away by how much she knows.  For example, we will close a door and she will reach for the door knob.  It just baffles us that she knows that the door handle opens the doors.  She is a bossy little bug too.  She will grab your hand and put it on whatever item or thing she wants you to do.  She will take your hand and lead you to the computer so that she can watch youtube videos of "Shimajiro" (kind of a "Japanese Barney"- it's the only thing Mari will watch!)  She's had lots of teeth sprouting.  She now has a third tooth on the bottom, and her two two top teeth have come through. 

Last month, Bob's mom (Neenee) did come for a visit.  She was able to watch Mari while we got a few things done around the house.  That was really helpful.  Here are a few pictures that she took while she was here.  I just can't get enough of her smile!!










No comments:

Post a Comment