First, let me warn you that we didn't do anything Santa related this year. I know you are probably shocked, but Santa just isn't really "my thing." I don't know if/how we will incorporate Santa in the future, but for right now, I want to set the tone of Christmas with things not related to Santa.
We started the morning opening gifts. Mari received three gifts from mommy and daddy: her new table/chairs, a lawn mower toy, and a bongo drum toy. We didn't buy a ton of gifts on purpose. I don't want Christmas to be about getting presents but rather about giving, and the ultimate gift, Jesus, that was given to us. We also opened a gift from Aunt Mica, Uncle Ted, and cousins Rhaya and Ramsey. We are excited to play in the sprinklers this summer! Bobby made a special breakfast that didn't turn out so hot (haha!) We think he put a little too much salt in the baked oatmeal. :) Oh well! Plan B: Mari enjoyed her yogurt as you can see. We also made a birthday brownie for Jesus. That will be a Christmas tradition- making a birthday cake for Jesus every year. I just think it's an easy way for kids to understand that we are celebrating a birthday when there is birthday cake to enjoy! Mari liked the raspberries on the side of her brownie more than the brownie itself (she LOVES fruit.) Finally, we had a new pair of pajamas to spend the night in. It was supposed to be for the night before Christmas, but I forgot! Oh well. :)
As Mari (and Baby James) get older I look forward to adding more family traditions.
On another note: Last night was the first night we put Mari to bed without her pacifier. Right now she's in her crib trying to take a nap without it. Thankfully, she's isn't hysterical, but my usual great sleeper definitely has a harder time going to sleep without it! We are hoping it gets easier!! I thought Christmas break would be the time to try to get her off the pacifier since I am off work (and I don't want to have to worry about this process when I have a newborn in the house!) She only has it when she sleeps, thank goodness, but it's crazy how attached they get to things like that!
We hope you enjoy the pictures from our family Christmas! :) As you can see, my "baby" is not a baby anymore!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment