Friday, May 13, 2011

A little history

Bobby and I met about 5 years ago.  I think he liked that I was "ethnic" being half Japanese, and he instantly became interested in all things Japanese (especially the food!)  I fell in love with him a little more everytime he'd try a new food, or attempt to talk to my grandma (Baba) who speaks NO English but will talk to you as if you understand, or watch some documentary on sumo wrestlers with me.  Ever since we were dating, we always dreamed about "someday" going to Japan together.

That "someday" is tomorrow.  Bags are packed, money has been converted to yen, our "doggy sitters" are here (thank you Chelsea and Ashley!!), and the stress is finally starting to melt away as the excitement sets in.  I am feeling SO blessed for this amazing opportunity to travel a week in Japan with my love and my parents. 

So off we go! 



Sorry Huntley Dog... you can't go.

No comments:

Post a Comment