Adventures of the Alcocks
~Chapter 1: Japan, May 14-21, 2011
~Chapter 2: Pregnancy, November 2011- August 2012
~Chapter 3: A family of 3 (and a dog...) August 12th, 2012-August 2013
~Chapter 4: Preparing for a family of 4, August 2013-March 26, 2014
~Chapter 5: And then there were four, March 26, 2014-
Friday, May 20, 2011
Our last day in Japan
We had another eventful day in Japan. We woke up early to go to the Japanese Fish Market. Bobby and I watch Andrew Zimmern and have watched this episode of Andrew Zimmern, so we were SO excited to go! It was so neat! Here is the video...
I bought a knife from the knife stand the woman is standing in front of! Visitors aren't allowed to go to the tuna auction anymore, but we got to see so much. They also have a ton of shops so we did some shopping. We also ate lunch. Of course, we had to get seafood! I had oysters... they were so big! That was probably one of my favorite dishes I've had since I've been here. Here are some of our favorite pictures.
Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo
I never knew this is how edamame grew!
Tons of vendors
Lunch in a small restaurant at the fish market
Oysters two ways... they were so fat!
Bobby's tonkatsu
Shrimp at the fish market
Lots of goodies
<><><><>
<> >
>>>>
Eel
<><><><> >>>>
This is what fresh wasabi looks like
My dad got some powder that you put into drinks that is supposed to be really healthy for you. I took a sip... it tasted like sewage. Pure sewage.
Just looking at this picture makes my stomach turn!
Fisherman having lunch
The asparagus was huge!!
Crabs
Another friendly person who wanted to help. He was a pharmacist and recommended the restaurant we went to. Great choice! He also talked to my dad about his gout.
BIG fish!
Sharpening knives to sale, but this isn't where I bought mine.
Whale meat
My personal favorite! Octopus!
From there, we checked into our hotel on Tokyo Bay. Tokyo Bay is gorgeous!
Then we were off to Akihabara. On our way there, we stopped at a fire house we walked past. The staff was really nice and showed us around. We took a bunch of pictures that you can see in Bobby's fire blog entry. :)
Akihabara is known for having a ton of electronics and shops. It was crazy! Shops, lights, people, and anime everywhere! It was really cool to walk through everything and do some more shopping!
A woman I got to talk to at the ramen shop. She just talked and talked. She reminded me of Baba (my grandmother).
We got to watch them make tako yaki. It's really cool how they flip the little balls so fast!
We spent our Friday night walking through this part of town a little bit. I am really going to miss all the people and lights everywhere. The country is just so alive! It's really fun.
Another view of Tokyo Tower
A yaki tori shop we stopped at
Chowing down
Grilled octopus... so good!!
Grilled squid
Tomorrow we begin our long journey back home. I am not excited about traveling at all. 13 hours is a long time to be on a plane. We will see how it goes! I'll end this chapter of Alcock Adventures with an entry from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment